Many people consider Milan, the city in Italy to be an expensive one. If you make a visit to the city of Milan, it does not mean that it is going to drain out your pocket. There are many sites in Milan, which will not cost you a single cent to see them. Let us have a look at some of these sites –
- See the statues at the exterior of Duomo – Though it is not free to enter this wonderful structure, you can enjoy the splendid architecture even from outside. Having a pearly vision made with Candoglia, there are some wonderful statues like the ‘mini statue of liberty’ above the entrance at the front.
- See the sculptures in the Cimitero Monumentale – Started in 1866, Cimitero Monumentale is one of the biggest cemeteries in Milan. It is a piece of wonderful architecture designed by Carlo Maciachini in bi-colored marbles. The sculptures designed here are really wonderful.
- See the bull’s balls at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II – Made with arcades of vaulted glass, this old shopping gallery in Milan resembles world-class elegance. The bull is located at the center of the gallery and spinning on your heels on the bull can bring in good luck to you – the legend says so.
- Enjoy a little bit of sun in Parco Sempione – The hunting ground of the royal Sforza family, this garden has got lush, green lawns and some beautiful ponds which are ornamental.
- Visit the Museo Civico di Storia Naturale – Made in a storybook setting, this building has got in storytelling format everything starting from mankind’s history to the plant evolution. This neo-Gothic building was made in 1844. Admission to this building is free on the first Sunday of the month.
- Get moved by the frescoes at Chiesa di San Maurizio – The paintings and frescoes seemed to be there at every inch of this chapel which was made in the 16th century. This originally belonged to Monastero Maggiore, a convent for the Benedictine nuns.
- Enjoy your nightlife at Tempio del Futuro Perduto – This place is gaining in popularity for its wonderful club nights. Your entry will be free if you bring some small donations link a T-shirt or a small book.
Besides these, there are some more places which can allow you free entry. You will feel wonderful seeing these architectural delights of Milan and have a great time enjoying them.